1. First of all we must be determined to remain slim and work towards it. Develop a mind set towards it.
2. Set realistic goals.
3. Make lifestyle changes like giving up alcohol, smoking, avoiding fatty food, refined food.
4. Include fresh foods as far as possible as processed foods tend to contain high level of salt and sugar.
5. Do not expect immediate results.
6. Never go for crash diets instead reduce weight gradually and slowly.
7. Never skip meals as you tend to eat more, the next meal. Do not skip breakfast in particular.
8. Include lot of fiber in your diet as it gives a feeling of fullness, thereby preventing you from gorging spicy and fatty food.
9. Nuts contain lot of fiber .They are satisfying and cause people to eat less at meal time.
10. Take warm lime juice mixed with honey the first thing in the morning.
11. Go for skimmed milk.
12. As far as possible avoid weight loss supplements.
13. When you have cravings for sweets, take a fruit instead.
14. When you have cravings for certain type of food like chocolates or ice cream, once in a while, you can take in small quantities.
15. Take fruits and vegetables which have lot of water content like watermelons, cucumbers and white pumpkin.
16. Keep yourself engaged as boredom leads to overeating.
17. Drink lot of water, at least 8 glasses per day.
18. Use the stairs instead of lift. Park the car a little far away and walk to your office. Use every opportunity to be physically active.
19. Walk, Walk and Walk as much as possible .Even if you are busy, go for walk at least 5 days a week.
20. Aerobic exercise like jogging, swimming, cycling, running accelerates weight loss. Consult a physician before starting any weight loss program.. Aerobic exercise combined with healthy eating will certainly help in weight reduction.
21. Make your exercise session enjoyable.
22. Keep yourself free from stress.
Finally, weight loss is a slow process, so do not get disappointed and give up.....!